What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
Being a Truck/Car guy and being a tool guy has always been to me like cake and frosting, they just naturally fit together. Since I'm always after tools that I don't have, I thought it would be sort of cool to do a thread on tools. Post up pictures of new or new to you tools that you just locked your hands on with maybe a short little review on quality, cost and ease of finding the same thing if someone else is interested in the never ending hobby of collapsing the wheels on their tool boxes.

Here is something I got today, a new Greenlee mini-magnet L97 laser level that I found on ebay for $89 with shipping. This is mostly an electrician tool for bending conduit, it clamps on the lip of a piece of tubing and each bubble level shows you when you have bent either 0°, 30°, 45° or 90° angles and it has a laser dot of the end of it if you are bending a long piece in place and aiming for a target stop point. The base also has a v notch in it with 3 magnets so you can set it on top of a piece of pipe too instead of in the throat.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm going to use it for bending exhaust pipe and fitting in my rigs then also use it when I'm building a roll cage or similar tube work. Think that will cut down on doing multiple fits until I get exactly the right angle since I can measure an angle in place with a flex jig and make sure I'm on target.
Who's got new toys to show off?

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
That's pretty cool.

I got a Milwaukee Fuel M18 cordless impact about a month ago. I thought it would be useful on my RC's and ATV's, but probably garbage on cars.

I pulled an entire engine with that thing, and never had to recharge it lol.

CCSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1985 & 1986
Truck Model
C10 & K5
Engine Size
4.3 & 5.7
I ordered Eastwood shrinker/stretcher since it was on clearance. It has a deeper throat 2 3/4" (I believe). I will post pictures when I can.

TIE_Fightertk06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
1987s
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban Sierra Classic
Engine Size
350 TBI

The mini metal saw from Eastwood. A “cold cut” carbide blade saw for steel. This saw kicks major ass for only $80. No sparks, super precise and straight cuts, and well balanced.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350

The mini metal saw from Eastwood. A “cold cut” carbide blade saw for steel. This saw kicks major ass for only $80. No sparks, super precise and straight cuts, and well balanced.
Nice! How thick of metal can you reasonably cut with it?

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
That's pretty cool.

I got a Milwaukee Fuel M18 cordless impact about a month ago. I thought it would be useful on my RC's and ATV's, but probably garbage on cars.

I pulled an entire engine with that thing, and never had to recharge it lol.

Millwalkees can't spell new 1/2 drive is 1400lbs breakaway that's as much as my new 1/2 ingersal air

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Millwalkees can't spell new 1/2 drive is 1400lbs breakaway that's as much as my new 1/2 ingersal air

Yeah I've added a grinder to my collection, either a Sawzall or 1/2 will be next after that.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
87Scotty -- Man, I'm diggin' those terminal cleaners! Probably should use some kind of lubricant on the cleaned connector pins to prevent future corrosion. The factory used some kind of grease on my 82 C10's firewall feed-through connectors.

Not too earth shattering, but these are my recent purchases that work great in tight spots:

Sunex Tool offset wrenches. If my math is correct, they can be used where you can turn the wrench only 1/8 turn.

Ingersoll Rand 1/4" ratchet.

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
bought a Milwaukee 18v fuel cordless grinder. invaluable. its great to move it around and get into tighter spots without having a cord hanging off it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84