What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yes the wrench to drop the tire on my GMT800 works like a ratchet on the lug nuts too...

You must be registered for see images attach

The ratcheting tire iron is a good idea, I think. GM started doing that in '88-ish on many models.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I think my favorite factory lug wrench is the one that came with my Duramax, its a straight hex shaped bar with a lug socket on one end and it uses a crude ratchet to turn it.
Yes the wrench to drop the tire on my GMT800 works like a ratchet on the lug nuts too...

I have that same set in my burb. Love that ratchet thing. That's a good set.
Hate the scissor jack that came in my burb though, love the screw tube jack that came in my square.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Just got back from Harbor Freight again. Pulled the trigger on the green 56" bottom box. They didn't have one in stock and neither did any store around (they had every other color though :() so I had to order it, they said 2-6 weeks. Another store told me roughly 2 so fingers crossed. Decided to open up their credit card to take advantage of the 10% off since I was buying the box and a bunch of other stuff.

Picked up a fuel pressure tester kit (both my C10 and Camry seem to have fueling issues), some bunjees with carabiners on them (never seen them before and thought they'd be very useful), some feet for when I'm clamping something I don't want to mar up, 3/8 breaker bar, some shop rags, a new flap disc, spring loaded center punch, marking crayons, razor blade, 3-finger oil filter wrench, a more capable multimeter, various clamps and a couple accessories for the new box. Was really hoping to pick up the box today, I DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR ALL THIS **** :lol::lol::lol:

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
You boys are from way up north, but Ayden is from another planet it's called New Mexico. That's a weird place? Grin.
Well my parents were both from Massachusetts, and I was born in Flow-ridia, by I've lived here most my life, so...

Guess I'm all messed up, haha.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Well my parents were both from Massachusetts, and I was born in Flow-ridia, by I've lived here most my life, so...

Was just joking around. Though I do not like it over there.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Those are 3 different worlds!

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Those are 3 different worlds!
Oh yeah. Luckily I've been able to avoid the 2 easterly ones like the plague. Only had to experience Mass on trips to see family. Not my cup of tea, I like it out here in the middle of nowhere.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Got some things at HF Sunday am on sale. New air gun some black gloves and couple boxes of nitrile gloves

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Got some things at HF Sunday am on sale. New air gun some black gloves and couple boxes of nitrile gloves
Curious to see how you like it after you've used it a bit. I eye'd those for a while Saturday till I mosey'd over to the clearance table and there were a few open box, battery powered Earthquake 1/2" impacts at a good price so I went that route. Haven't used it yet but it feels and sounds very similar to the older Milwaukees.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Picked up this lil battery ryobi circular from the junk pile at work. Got a lith battery too but it dont seem to want to charge....

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Picked up this lil battery ryobi circular from the junk pile at work. Got a lith battery too but it dont seem to want to charge....

Sometimes, if they're stone dead the charger won't start because it doesn't see a battery. If you can hook the battery to a DC power supply or another battery and get some voltage into it the charger might pick it up and charge it. Just a thought.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Made another HF run while they were having their sale, I hope this will do me for a while lol. About half of this was sale stuff.
-Metric and standard line wrenches (been borrowing my dads as rare as I need them but his are '80s Crafstmans that are worn out and not true to size anymore)
-Long punches
-10 pack of grinding discs that was in the discount/open package section
-10 pack of 4.5" cutoff discs
-Plumbob
-Some small magnetic hooks for hanging banners that I've picked up at the last couple shows
-90* die grinder and it's auber
-Impact driver
-Drill bit set
-3" clamps
-the next size up uni-wrench cuz mine is too small for some jobs
-Flat file
-Step bits
-Digital/laser temp gun
-Another magnetic base LED work light. I already have one of these and like it so I picked up another
-Couple pair of gloves
-1/2 Earthquake XT impact that was on the open box table and like $90 off
-Tool bag cuz one of mine has developed a vent hole lol

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
@TotalyHucked ,Just used it a couple of times yesterday, I'm happy. Gotta be careful about the torque setting, lo, medium and high. Probably gonna snap something, soon. Easy change from forward to reverse, just a thumb movement. Weight wise, not too bad, not the lightest in the world but not as heavy as my old CP gun and my IR......and much less in cost!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
@TotalyHucked ,Just used it a couple of times yesterday, I'm happy. Gotta be careful about the torque setting, lo, medium and high. Probably gonna snap something, soon. Easy change from forward to reverse, just a thumb movement. Weight wise, not too bad, not the lightest in the world but not as heavy as my old CP gun and my IR......and much less in cost!
That's great to hear! Guess I'll scoop one next time they're on sale so I'll have air and battery

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell