What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
I think one pair was from them but the second I can't remember. I have had an entire vehicle resting on the and they didn't fail, but I am not taking any more chances with them. I'll use them for light stuff that won't put my life in danger, but no more hard work for them.
That's the problem right now. We might want to be safe and trade in our HF jack stands, but what else is out there that's any better?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
That's the problem right now. We might want to be safe and trade in our HF jack stands, but what else is out there that's any better?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

True, they are all basically the same design anymore. These are beefy and seem to have a good positive catch on the locking mechanism

You must be registered for see images attach

hunters628

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Unfortunately my grandfather passed away around 30 minutes before father's day this year, and he was a bad influence to me... He was the one that really got me into wrenching, electronics, CB radios, fishing, some carpentry. He had worked for GM's Electromotive Division, then went to the Wentzville GM plant and retried after 30.8 years of working for GM. After he retired from GM he built a 32x40 shop in his back yard with the intention of small engine repairs, although worked on every thing from weed eaters to the occasional road tractor with everything inbetween. He, like me likes tools, alot, he always was looking at and trying new tools. Really loved his Craftsman and Western Auto Wizard tools, and wasn't afraid to try anything and had a really incredible drive, in the late 70's he worked full time at GM and then would work nights as a reserve volunteer Sheriff's Deputy.

Starting to bring some of his stuff home with me, can see the right half of the shop in the background, and his 40' CB base tower. On the roof of my Square I have his Stryker SR-A-10 mag mount whip and inside the truck his Freedom-one by Ranger mobile.

So those who may have been paying attention these past 4 years of me wrenching on squares, may have observed the disastrous state that my (read parent's) garage is, which is a result of not enough time or motivation and things that work okayish. With inheriting this stuff I decided to make the step/push to get things sorted out and make the garage actually functional. started with painting the front wall to no longer have to look at 25 year old bare drywall. On the left is his Huot top box that he has had since the mid 60's, his Kennedy mechanics riser, sitting atop of a craftsman base that once I get a new roller cab for work will be swapped with my Kennedy base at work, then the Craftsman will be converted to serve as a welding cart.

The cabinet is from an old service station I suspect, had thought maybe kitchen, but the far right with the louvers and some arrangment for something to hang up there makes me think more industrial, very solid piece though.

Loaded up his 41" Homak box, this thing is not light with all the tools in it, had to take 8 of the drawers out to be able to push it up on the trailer.

Off loaded at its new home.

Got some Hansen organizers for sockets, seem to be very nice quality and I'm hoping will encourage keeping things organized and from losing sockets.

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Unfortunately my grandfather passed away around 30 minutes before father's day this year, and he was a bad influence to me... He was the one that really got me into wrenching, electronics, CB radios, fishing, some carpentry. He had worked for GM's Electromotive Division, then went to the Wentzville GM plant and retried after 30.8 years of working for GM. After he retired from GM he built a 32x40 shop in his back yard with the intention of small engine repairs, although worked on every thing from weed eaters to the occasional road tractor with everything inbetween. He, like me likes tools, alot, he always was looking at and trying new tools. Really loved his Craftsman and Western Auto Wizard tools, and wasn't afraid to try anything and had a really incredible drive, in the late 70's he worked full time at GM and then would work nights as a reserve volunteer Sheriff's Deputy.

Starting to bring some of his stuff home with me, can see the right half of the shop in the background, and his 40' CB base tower.

So those who may have been paying attention these past 4 years of me wrenching on squares, may have observed the disastrous state that my (read parent's) garage is, which is a result of not enough time or motivation and things that work okayish. With inheriting this stuff I decided to make the step/push to get things sorted out and make the garage actually functional. started with painting the front wall to no longer have to look at 25 year old bare drywall. On the left is his Huot top box that he has had since the mid 60's, his Kennedy mechanics riser, sitting atop of a craftsman base that once I get a new roller cab for work will be swapped with my Kennedy base at work, then the Craftsman will be converted to serve as a welding cart.

The cabinet is from an old service station I suspect, had thought maybe kitchen, but the far right with the louvers and some arrangment for something to hang up there makes me think more industrial, very solid piece though.

Loaded up his 41" Homak box, this thing is not light with all the tools in it, had to take 8 of the drawers out to be able to push it up on the trailer.

Got some Hansen organizers for sockets, seem to be very nice quality and I'm hoping will encourage keeping things organized and from losing sockets.
Aww thats awesome. I too inherited from my grandfather.
Thing is, Ive been messy my whole life. Just kinda how my thinking and organizing is. Scattered. Thoughts are too, i impress people with how many different completely abstract topics i can entertain myself with in the span of a day. Its INTP in me or something.

Also, my grandpa wasnt much for being organized either.(Wonder where that came from)
And we are also both the type that touch anything and instantly are full of dirt.

Dont ask how, because IVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT MYSELF!

Maybe if I took the washer to the grime before i did stuff?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

Starting to bring some of his stuff home with me, can see the right half of the shop in the background, and his 40' CB base tower.

and sorry for your loss! :(

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Aww thats awesome. I too inherited from my grandfather.
Thing is, Ive been messy my whole life. Just kinda how my thinking and organizing is. Scattered. Thoughts are too, i impress people with how many different completely abstract topics i can entertain myself with in the span of a day. Its INTP in me or something.

Also, my grandpa wasnt much for being organized either.(Wonder where that came from)
And we are also both the type that touch anything and instantly are full of dirt.

Dont ask how, because IVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT MYSELF!

Maybe if I took the washer to the grime before i did stuff?

I am very much the same way, I can go from talking about completely irrelevant square body facts, then go to CB radios, computers, etc.
I start my shift at work at 7:00 and by lunchtime at 11:00 I will already be all grimy hands and such, I'm not even a mechanic, I'm a machinist so its "cleaner" work, but the dirt finds me.

My grandfather and I were very similar with the organizing, We know where to find stuff in our messes, and never have any problem unless if someone "trys to organize it" for us.

His wrench drawer:

My wrench drawer: (with obligatory 10mm wrench missing)

Which I suppose is why I was gifted the CB handle of Charlie-2, as he was Charlie-1. Or in conversation he would tell his friends that I'm "Little Charlie," or "Charlie Jr."

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I am very much the same way, I can go from talking about completely irrelevant square body facts, then go to CB radios, computers, etc.
I start my shift at work at 7:00 and by lunchtime at 11:00 I will already be all grimy hands and such, I'm not even a mechanic, I'm a machinist so its "cleaner" work, but the dirt finds me.

My grandfather and I were very similar with the organizing, We know where to find stuff in our messes, and never have any problem unless if someone "trys to organize it" for us.

His wrench drawer:

My wrench drawer: (with obligatory 10mm wrench missing)

Which I suppose is why I was gifted the CB handle of Charlie-2, as he was Charlie-1. Or in conversation he would tell his friends that I'm "Little Charlie," or "Charlie Jr."
:)

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
More organizing and even painting occurred today

A harbor freight side tray for the 5 drawer tech cart adapted to the 41" Homak box, ended up using the 4 holes if the pull handle was mounted on the other side and match drilled them to 5/16 and used some salvaged 5/16 bolts from a square to bolt it on.

Got this on amazon, really pleased so far with it, its just held on with those two sets of bent tabs and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Also has two keyholes for mounting on the wall. may be getting a few more of these.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Picked up this testo 557 today. My SMAN 480v digital manifold has been acting up lately. I ordered an array of Bluetooth psychometers, manometers, etc to use with the measure quick HVAC software.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Picked up my chipper today after work. Got it assembled just as it was getting dark. Excited to use it. 8” capacity, but realistically I won’t chip most stuff over 4”—as I can sell that as fire wood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy