What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Went to Sears today for a new battery for my van. Received a coupon for $10 off tool purchase of $50 or more. Found a "slim" set of SAE/Metric ratchet wrenches on sale for $59.99. Applying for a Seears card got me another $10 off so out the door price was $49.99 (virtually the same as going to HF.) Disclosure: When I got home I realized the wrenches were "Made in China" but still comparable to HF prices. As long as Sears stays in business I'll be alright. Didn't think they would be useful until I had to remove a couple bolts in some really tight spots. Just my purchase of the day.
getting caught up but that didnt work out for yea haha

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Today I got the most expensive tool I ever bought hopefully it's going to change my life for the better
You must be registered for see images attach

my square body project is starting to come together!
also been using the blaster yet was looking at possibly making one of these

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I went to weedeat the yard two days ago and the primer bulb has a hole or something like that. It wouldn't suck the gas up to prime it. So I said **** this 2 cycle motor ****. Went to home depot and bought the ryobi 40v cordless trimmer yesterday. Took 2.5 hours to charge battery full from the box.

Went and mowed the yard which takes me about 45 minutes front and back. Battery finally charged right before dark. So I went out and true it out.

Have to say I really like it. It's quiet and has good power and much lighter than the gas. Took me about 10 minutes to knock out the front yard. I'll do the back when I get home from work today.

$140 With 5 year warranty with it.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
I went to weedeat the yard two days ago and the primer bulb has a hole or something like that. It wouldn't suck the gas up to prime it. So I said **** this 2 cycle motor ****. Went to home depot and bought the ryobi 40v cordless trimmer yesterday. Took 2.5 hours to charge battery full from the box.

Went and mowed the yard which takes me about 45 minutes front and back. Battery finally charged right before dark. So I went out and true it out.

Have to say I really like it. It's quiet and has good power and much lighter than the gas. Took me about 10 minutes to knock out the front yard. I'll do the back when I get home from work today.

Nice! I got a battery B&D, only good for little jobs though. Got tired of 2 stroke so switched to a ryobi 4 stroke last year, has the detachable tools so makes swapping from string to brush blade easy, still has the primer bulb on it though. One trick I figured out was DO NOT use gas with ethanol in it, pay for ethanol free gas and way less problems. On small motors, ethanol just destroys the carbs and any rubber piece in the fuel system.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Nice! I got a battery B&D, only good for little jobs though. Got tired of 2 stroke so switched to a ryobi 4 stroke last year, has the detachable tools so makes swapping from string to brush blade easy, still has the primer bulb on it though. One trick I figured out was DO NOT use gas with ethanol in it, pay for ethanol free gas and way less problems. On small motors, ethanol just destroys the carbs and any rubber piece in the fuel system.
what i tell most people go ahead and run your regular gas during the season then your last run of the year with it dump it and run an ethy free premix the last time before puting it away but i dont have that problem i got a 500 gallon barrel of 89 no ethy lol

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small

I’d be curious to know how long a battery ends up lasting for you. On days I weed whack, it’s usually 6-8 hours of weed whacking. I figure, if I’m covered in weed bits after 10 minutes of it, I may as well make a day of it.

Maybe if I get a couple sets of batteries I could get it done. I like battery power for a lot of stuff. I have a 14” pruning blade on my 18v brushless sawzall.

When I’m working in the yard I keep it near. Beats lugging around a chainsaw and starting it up for a few little branch cuts. That pruning blade works fast.

...or maybe I just need a new PTO brush hog, lol

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
They say the battery lasts for 1hr of use. You can let go of the trigger and it stops as you walk to next spot. Then just squeeze and go then stop and move. They do sell separate batteries too.

I also have the chainsaw on a pole tool I can switch out too. They make a blower, hand held chainsaw and other tools that all use the same battery 40v. My buddy has the hand held chainsaw and loves it. My neighbor has the blower and he likes it too. I also got the heavy brush adaptor for the trimmer, just got it yesterday do I haven't used it. I'll take some pics of them when I get home from work.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
@Arkansas_V8 I'd wreck it within a minute of getting it airborne...lol...

Mossyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.1 1 BBL
I was looking for some fuses yesterday in an old tool box and found a couple adjustable wrenches I forgot I had...with the wife having to get a bunch of stuff to get ready for school that’s been the extent of my tool additions :(

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Here's some pics of the weed eater

Finished up the back yard.

I can install this on the gas pole because they are interchangeable. Then just switch poles when needed.

Comes with extra blades and string. You can use either or. Maybe both at a time.

$30 for this one.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
Recently bought a OTC double flaring tool kit it 30 + tax out the door. Sure makes it easy to flare line and it is good quality.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD