What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Not anymore! Lol.

The piston was toast too. Im not sure if I broke it driving the piston out or if it smashed into the crank after being shortened lol. Or both!

Probably a combination there of. :happy175:
My B.I.L. Had a poppin Johnny, J.D tractor, horizontal twin cyl., had a terrible rod knock, got the crank pulled and the piston/rod out and that piston was busted all to pieces, I figured from the pounding/vibration and binding of the knocking rod.
They`s po people so, went scrounging, wound up with the crank, rods, pistons from poppin johnny several years older, had to take the main bearings with it, honed the cylinders, new rings, one new piston, shoveder back together and that old popper is still running, fifteen years later. Shade tree mekanikin when its ten below aint noooo fun I tells Yuh. :happy175:

DIGITAL-D

Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Well I just pulled out an 86 C20 who has been sitting up for two years. It's been in my yard and my dad asked me to sell it for him. He said to get at least $350 for it. Called him to say "I found a buyer" and he said "great it will be out of your yard now"....my response was not really.... So, put a battery in it, let it run for a bit, changed the oil. Buying new belts for it and cleaned out the bed. My son and I spent about 11 hours on it this weekend. Plan to put it on the road within the next two days. Need to officially buy it and then register/ tag it.

I do have one question, it has 5 cab roof lights that are circular in shape. Can someone tell me where to find replacements?

Digital-D

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
Change the bulb! Unless the lenses are cracked. Otherwise Id get some Harbor Freight $10 jobbies and call it a day.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well I just pulled out an 86 C20 who has been sitting up for two years. It's been in my yard and my dad asked me to sell it for him. He said to get at least $350 for it. Called him to say "I found a buyer" and he said "great it will be out of your yard now"....my response was not really.... So, put a battery in it, let it run for a bit, changed the oil. Buying new belts for it and cleaned out the bed. My son and I spent about 11 hours on it this weekend. Plan to put it on the road within the next two days. Need to officially buy it and then register/ tag it.

I do have one question, it has 5 cab roof lights that are circular in shape. Can someone tell me where to find replacements?

Digital-D

Welcome to GMSB !!! Nice Save !!!

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Digital-D
Nice buy, and, welcome to the forum too.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Digital-D

Good Idea you had there to start you a build thread on your new project Digital D. :naughty: Well Sorta !!!

Yeah, we're a bit bossy around here. BTW, we need more pics. Here's your build thread so you can notate all your updates, upgrades and repairs on your newly acquired squarebody.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7487

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
Geez give the poor guy some room lol.

But I gotta say, that's a kick-a$$ story!

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Got my new grill, lights and bumper installed.

Attachments

• Img_0250.jpg
    Img_0250.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 111

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's pretty slick looking. How do those bumper driving lights work? I've always liked driving lights on my newer trucks. I can sure see alot better using those.

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Haven't tried them. The only wiring in the truck is enough to run the engine. I'm too lazy to push it in/out of the garage when I need to put something else in there. The bumper came with a wiring harness with a toggle switch to run the lights.

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
Whoo sexy!!! Gotta love the shinies!

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That looks mighty nice. I too like them driving lights. A full report on those, wiring them in and, the final report of functionality.

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
That looks mighty nice. I too like them driving lights. A full report on those, wiring them in and, the final report of functionality.

Going to be awhile, tuck is going to paint before wiring will be done.
Thanks all

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
The hood was a real pain in the ass to fit. I had to move the mounting holes for the rear hinges by drilling new ones then welding up the originals. Then had to take a 2x4 and a hammer to the edges of the hood to get the contour to match the fenders. Still need to fix the right side of the bumper. The outer bumper bracket on that side has the bumper pushed up too high. I see some cutting and welding on that bracket. I just love fitting aftermarket sheetmetal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85