What Air management for ‘89 crewcab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awallspdx

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 R25
Engine Size
First time doing air ride…. ‘89 crewcab with 6/8 notched. Currently running helper bags in the rear and will switch to 4 link down the road. Front going with bolt in upper and ss-7 bags.

I was looking at airlift 3p for the ease of install and having preset pressures to use to lift lower for loads and speed bumps.
I was told that the airlift 3p pressure system might not be able to keep up due to the weight of my truck???
Is this true? They recommended their own basic manual management kit…
I’m new to air ride but I love the idea of the 3p for the ease of use and the super simple installation.

Any recommendations/experiences would be helpful.

Pic prior to air ride…

Attachments

• IMG_5977.jpeg
    IMG_5977.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 43

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I think it would do fine, you just need an appropriate sized tank, compressors an lines.

Spring for the 3H though, the height sensors aren't hard to install an then it will automatically compensate for loads to keep it at the preset height all the time. With the 3P it'll go to the same pressure everytime but it might not necessarily hit the same height. It's just not able to be as accurate without the extra sensors.

I have level ride on my C10 with height sensors an it's great, really never have to mess with an it hits the same height within 1/8" everytime.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
First time doing air ride…. ‘89 crewcab with 6/8 notched. Currently running helper bags in the rear and will switch to 4 link down the road. Front going with bolt in upper and ss-7 bags.

I was looking at airlift 3p for the ease of install and having preset pressures to use to lift lower for loads and speed bumps.
I was told that the airlift 3p pressure system might not be able to keep up due to the weight of my truck???
Is this true? They recommended their own basic manual management kit…
I’m new to air ride but I love the idea of the 3p for the ease of use and the super simple installation.

Any recommendations/experiences would be helpful.

Pic prior to air ride…
I love those big hoops with the OE wheel covers. That’s the first time that I’ve seen that setup. That is a clean and straight ride that you have there. Welcome to the site too.

HS

awallspdx

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 R25
Engine Size
I love those big hoops with the OE wheel covers. That’s the first time that I’ve seen that setup. That is a clean and straight ride that you have there. Welcome to the site too.

HS
Thanks, yeah I wanted to keep it somewhat still looking like a forest service truck. It looks a lot cleaner in photos than reality as it’s pretty banged up but that’s what still allows me to use it as a truck.

awallspdx

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 R25
Engine Size
I think it would do fine, you just need an appropriate sized tank, compressors an lines.

Spring for the 3H though, the height sensors aren't hard to install an then it will automatically compensate for loads to keep it at the preset height all the time. With the 3P it'll go to the same pressure everytime but it might not necessarily hit the same height. It's just not able to be as accurate without the extra sensors.

I have level ride on my C10 with height sensors an it's great, really never have to mess with an it hits the same height within 1/8" everytime.
Yeah I love the 3H idea but the plus side of 3P as I can upgrade to 3H. This is not a show truck by any measure, but my fun daily.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Yeah I love the 3H idea but the plus side of 3P as I can upgrade to 3H. This is not a show truck by any measure, but my fun daily.

The level ride system is upgradeable as well. You can start pressure only an add height sensors later.

awallspdx

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 R25
Engine Size
The level ride system is upgradeable as well. You can start pressure only an add height sensors later.
Thanks! Honestly I had never heard of Level Ride. Looking at their site now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad