Welp, it's been fun...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Let's see...started Friday night about 8pm and finished up Monday Morning about 4am.

Things completed:
  • Hydroboost Conversion. Had to changed the pedal as well. And the lines 'almost' fit. So needless to say this took quite a while.
  • Changed out the rear springs to Tuff Country EZ Rides. The stock ones wwere beat. Bolts on the hanger were completed rusted together. Another fun job.
  • Removed both gas tanks and installed 87 sending units and high pressure fuel pumps. Also ran all new high pressure hose from tanks to selector valve.
  • Rewired the fuel system components to power the in tank pumps. VERY confusing since between 85&87 Chevy decided it would be a great idea to change all the wire colors.
  • Mounted and plumbed the fuel lines for the EFI. Corvette regulator and braided line.
  • Removed the carb setup components and put on all the EFI stuff. The wirng harness I modified actually WORKED!!!!!!

So yah, it was a long weekend, but made alot of progress!!

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Great job!
Looks like a nice clean OEM install!
One day, my engine compartment will have one of those.
Can we get some pics of the motor mounts and the trans set up? Or are those on a build thread somewhere?

Here's the build thread:
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2839

But it's a TH350 with Trans-Dapt Mounts. If I could do it again, I would have gone with Dirty Dingo Mounts.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
IIRC, it was 87 the wire colors changed. And IMO, justifiably so. 87 went to TBI requiring intake fuel pump instead of manual block fuel pump, so that's pretty much a given and a good way to let someone know there's been a major change here and not interchangeable. It's the mid years that change for no reason is what pisses me off, but for 87, good time to do it.

Good Job on that conversion !!! Couldn't have done better myself. :rofl: JK Rep Given !!!

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Are you using the stock selector valve? I'd be curious to see how long that puppy lasts. I think it's only rated to 20psi, and you're probably putting 60+ through it (it's before the regulator, after all). Pollak makes a 6 port switching valve designed for higher pressures (70-80psi, I think is what it's rated for). You may want to look into that if your factory one bites the dust.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
IIRC, it was 87 the wire colors changed. And IMO, justifiably so. 87 went to TBI requiring intake fuel pump instead of manual block fuel pump, so that's pretty much a given and a good way to let someone know there's been a major change here and not interchangeable. It's the mid years that change for no reason is what pisses me off, but for 87, good time to do it.

Good Job on that conversion !!! Couldn't have done better myself. :rofl: JK Rep Given !!!

I understand the reason why, but still didn't make me very happy about it! :roflbow:

And thanks! If you couldn't have done better, it must be pretty damn perfect. :favorites25:
Are you using the stock selector valve? I'd be curious to see how long that puppy lasts. I think it's only rated to 20psi, and you're probably putting 60+ through it (it's before the regulator, after all). Pollak makes a 6 port switching valve designed for higher pressures (70-80psi, I think is what it's rated for). You may want to look into that if your factory one bites the dust.

Nah. I've got a Pollak 65psi unit

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I understand the reason why, but still didn't make me very happy about it! :roflbow:

And thanks! If you couldn't have done better, it must be pretty damn perfect. :favorites25:

Nah. I've got a Pollak 65psi unit

Well there ya' go. =D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkreetKilla