Weird dual tank question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chop

Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I rebuilt the whole dual tank system in my truck...new right tank sending unit selector valve and selector switch in the dash...
It worked great for 2 weeks I put gas in the left tank Friday and tried To switch it from the right tank and it wouldn't switch.
On to today I have been working and haven't had a chance to look at the problem...I needed the battery from my truck so I swapped the battery out and did what I needed to do...I switched the tank to the left just messing with it while I had my battery out ... Well when I put my battery back in it switched and stayed on the left tank...... Anyone got any ideas on what's going on?

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I rebuilt the whole dual tank system in my truck...new right tank sending unit selector valve and selector switch in the dash...
It worked great for 2 weeks I put gas in the left tank Friday and tried To switch it from the right tank and it wouldn't switch.
On to today I have been working and haven't had a chance to look at the problem...I needed the battery from my truck so I swapped the battery out and did what I needed to do...I switched the tank to the left just messing with it while I had my battery out ... Well when I put my battery back in it switched and stayed on the left tank...... Anyone got any ideas on what's going on?

Gander at the wiring, and make sure nothing got pinched. Also, take the valve out and make sure nothing is mechanically sticking.

fallguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K10
Engine Size
Wiring

This is a wiring problem, most likely at the fuel tank selector valve setup on the passenger side underneath, as you know. I had that same wonky issue and was sure my setup was bullet proof and i traced all wires for the tanks finding nothing. I went to the selector valve armed with the wiring diagram...low and behold...one wire was handing on by a thread and the black tape was keeping it connected some of the time. I eliminated the crimp connectors and soldered everything into place.

Swear to God before settling in to the wiring diagram i too everything apart first...cost me many hours of screwin around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charkmapman