Veterans Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Just wanted to sat happy Veterans Day to anyone who is serving, or who has served. :patriot:

SSG S. Potter
USMC-88-94
Semper Fi

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Just wanted to sat happy Veterans Day to anyone who is serving, or who has served. :patriot:

SSG S. Potter
USMC-88-94
Semper Fi

Great idea Clean. Bummer for me, at 18 I had a handicap that didn't allow me to join the Military or I dang sure would have. And Thank You for your 6 years of service, although a Thanks or Thank You isn't quite enough, but I think many or most Americans take their freedom for granted. :patriot:
As I quoted on my FB today:
Verterans Day is a day to honor and observe those who have served and are serving. Just remember it doesn't have to be Veterans Day to Thank a Veteran or someone who is serving. They deserve recognition more than 1 day of the year and even 2 days if you want to count Memorial Day for those who gave their life. Also don't forget the POW's and MIA's. Don't just Thank a Veteran, Honor a Veteran. They deserve it !!!

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I tried to join the Marines at 17 but being an only son with blood pressure problems they wouldnt take me. Here's my FB quote from yesterday:

"Many thanks go out to all who have served this great nation both in times of peace and times of war. If you can read this thank a teacher, that you can read this in English thank a Veteran."

And a pic from another forum I posted:
You must be registered for see images

Mr. Clean, I remember seeing on the news Operation Desert Storm, Iraqi soldiers by the hundreds throwing down their weapons, surrendering and thanking the U.S. for their mercy. It was an incredible sight. Shortest war in history.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Those Iraqi's weren't only thankful for mercy, they were thankful for food and water. All Saddam cared about was that they had plenty of guns and ammo. They were very mal-nourished. US was smart in that one. They had dropped thousands and thousands of printend leaflets promising those Iraqi soldiers to be treated well, fed, watered and clothed, so they did. I happen to know a guy that was part of Desert Storm. He tells me, a very very large portion of those Iraqi's didn't make it. To many of them and way to much paperwork, so helicopters flew by spraying bulllets and took many out.

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Thank you to all our vets :patriot:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
It's funny, when I was over in Iraq, the Iraqi soldiers were told not too mess with the Marines. Because one of the stories that the Iraqi soldiers were told, is all Marines had to kill their families to become Marines, and if they can do that to there own families just think what they will do to you.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It's funny, when I was over in Iraq, the Iraqi soldiers were told not too mess with the Marines. Because one of the stories that the Iraqi soldiers were told, is all Marines had to kill their families to become Marines, and if they can do that to there own families just think what they will do to you.
That's a good thing to have them believing. I'd let them believe it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loki1978