Vent Window problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quade

Reaction score
First Name
Quade
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Jimmy High Sierra
Engine Size
The Vent windows in my 87 Jimmy High Sierra have pretty much rusted away and when you go to open them they kind of just fall out, the previous owner just put a bunch of sticknpeel weather stripping around it but I'm not going to have AC for a while so it would be alot better for the windows to be functional. Iv only found handles or gaskets online but I need the frame it seems. I can upload a picture later if it would help im just not at my garage right now. If anyone knows how to replace or fix the window and could leave some feedback thatd be awesome.

quade

Reaction score
First Name
Quade
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Jimmy High Sierra
Engine Size
This is my Driver side The hinge is rusted and tough but isnt rusting to bad yet
You must be registered for see images attach

This is the window on the passenger side. The hinge and to the front and bottom is rusting bad.

Inside of the passenger, it is also rusting pretty bad.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
What you may need to do is find a replacement frame. I'm in the same boat, although my frames are not rusty. The lower pivot simply snapped on mine so the window just kind-of dangles from the upper rivet. I'd look for a nice donor frame, get a new set of gaskets and maybe new glass - depending on the condition of yours - and do a bench rebuild. That way you know it will be right and it should work for another 30 years!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schultz76