Vent line valve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JM in KY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic
Engine Size
What is this? Directly in front of the fuel selector valve. I just replaced the selector valve and wanted to replace all the rubber line that I can. This appears to be in the vent line. Do I need to keep the piece that looks like a loop to a valve? Can I bypass this with plain vent tubing?

Attachments

• 3CD899EE-B346-4DF5-A2BC-685961E5B31C.jpeg
    3CD899EE-B346-4DF5-A2BC-685961E5B31C.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 57

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hey, cool looking truck!
Fwiw, I don’t recall seeing that little check valve looking thing on our 86. But it has been a while since I’ve been into the fuel system.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
What is this? Directly in front of the fuel selector valve. I just replaced the selector valve and wanted to replace all the rubber line that I can. This appears to be in the vent line. Do I need to keep the piece that looks like a loop to a valve? Can I bypass this with plain vent tubing?
I got a couple things for you.

My truck does not have one of those valves, and I can't remember ever running into one (but that doesn't mean I haven't), but if I did I'd leave it in there because the factory put it there for a reason.

In all reality it's probably fine to pull it off and just replace it with rubber hose. However GM was really, really good about printing part #s on stuff like that. If you pull it off and can find a stamped number on it, post it in your thread and tag me, I'll look it up for you in my reference I should be able to tell you what it is for and then you / we can decide if it can be eliminated.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Never saw one there either. However, from appearances it is likely a vent check valve. GM doesn't install parts for no reason. It cost money. Unless there is a good reason to remove it don't.
I completely agree. If he can get us some numbers we might be able to figure out it's intended purpose at least.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
As @fast99: said and I tell people all the time if they sell six million cars and save 1 dollar a car,they saved 6 million dollars. If it's on the car it's a pretty good bet some engineering team with a ton of expierience thought it should be there. I have no idea where I came up with six million but it's the number I always use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy