v-6 and v-8 crossmembers the same?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Moe

Reaction score
First Name
moises
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Engine crossmember??? Are you referring to the complete system with the A frames and all?

No, I was give wrong info. Disregard, I had to go see for myself. It's a brace that runs across the frame near the radiator.

Big Moe

Reaction score
First Name
moises
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
No, I was give wrong info. Disregard, I had to go see for myself. It's a brace that runs across the frame near the radiator.

Thank you for the response

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I just went thru this when swapping out a 250 six for a 350 in an 82 C10. My biggest problem was determining which small block engine brackets (aka clam shells) to use. There are a bunch of them, and they all have slightly different dimensions.

I lucked out because the frame brackets are the same P/N for both engines, but the motor mounts are bolted higher on the brackets into a second set of holes.

Anyway, for anyone wanting to know what P/Ns were used in which year models, etc., this site was very helpful to me:

http://www.gmpartswiki.com/

To find engine mount bracket P/Ns you can do query on "bracket, engine mt" and enter the correct year, and you get a bunch of manuals and pages to choose from. Sometimes you'll get pictures, other times just the part numbers and descriptions.

BTW, GM calls the frame brackets "bracket, engine mt frm".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
longduck