Used Replacement Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vicnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tristan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I need to replace some components of my gauge cluster in my 1976 K10. I found a complete cluster for a 1977. It has a clock and my original does not. Is there wiring in the dash to account for the clock or is it directly wired by the printed circuit?

The gauges for both sets are not in the best shape. If I were to put overlays on them, would I need to remove the needles? If so, what is the best way to do it?

I also have access to a cluster for a 1979. Are there any differences with regard to connections or front bezel?

Thanks...

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Pretty sure the clock is wired by itself, completely separate from the cluster.

Needles stay on for overlays. I have never done them, but it is discussed in this thread... http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16444

76 and 77 trucks are set up for mechanical oil pressure gauges. That 79 cluster uses an electric oil pressure gauge. So all the other gauges from the 79 should swap over into either the 76 or 77 cluster you have, just not the oil pressure. The printed circuit is different between 76/77 and 79.

Front bezel should be the same all around no matter the year.

Hope this helps.

vicnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tristan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thank you! That is very helpful, and now I have a direction.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli