Trying to determine what converter I’ll need

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peats

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
72k5, 81c10 short step, 83k10 short fleet, 03 SSR. 25 chevy doodlebug
Truck Model
k5 c10 k10 SSR doodlebug
Engine Size
406 360 6.2 5.3 171
Nice to have Nick Transmissions on board. I have 2 700r4 in my stable, both work flawlessly and both were rebuilt at some time before my ownership.I don't beat on my stuff but then my younger days are behind me.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
All those parts they're installing great but you can likely have a local builder build you the same or better transmission using your unit for a good deal less. Plus he'd be local to you so if it needs to go back to him under warranty, you dont have to worry about shipping.

Re that 700r4 in the link, I'd swap their sun gear reaction shell with a Sonnax smart shell as it's fully rollerized when paired with a 07+ induction hardend reaction shaft from a 4L70e. I also dont see Transgo unbreakable pump rings, late model 4L60E bonded steel/rubber forward drum pistons and ret spring, Sonnax fwd drum reinforcement sleeve kit, tubular steels in the low reverse and reverse input drum, wide Alto 2-4 band. I also sometimes rollerize the pump-rev input thrust surface using a th350 pump bearing and 200-4R direct clutch bushing in place of the factory bushing to locate the bearing (this mod has you omit the plastic thrust washer on the back of the pump). Doesnt mean they cant do those as well but likely means price goes up from there.

Just a few initial thoughts...
You've rebuilt a Turboentabulator before, haven't you?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef