Tire size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
for some reason my buddy who is a serious wheeler said he doesn't like 16.5" rims. I think they lose a bead easier or are harder to mount...something like that. that may only be specific to the shape of certain oem style rims in more extreme wheeling conditions than I'll take my truck into. I can't run 15" due to my rotor size. I was told there are more tire options for 17" wheels but I like the look of the factory 16" steelies so I'm not too motivated to change them yet.

edit: I didn't mean to quote anyone on this response

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I can't run 15" due to my rotor size. I was told there are more tire options for 17" wheels but I like the look of the factory 16" steelies so I'm not too motivated to change them yet.
here use custom offsets they have any wheel and tire combo you can think of and they seem pretty cheap no as for how big of tires you can fit rough country claims you can fit a 35 so, i would go with a 34 or 33.5
https://www.customwheeloffset.com/b...uspension+Lift+4"&trimming=No+trimming&page=1

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
16.5" wheels are harder to find tires for and when you do, you don't get many options. That is what I currently have on my truck and will be going with a 16" wheel instead.

Super Swamper is about the only option for oversized 16.5" tires, but they are more expensive than most equivalent 16 or 17" tires.

for some reason my buddy who is a serious wheeler said he doesn't like 16.5" rims. I think they lose a bead easier or are harder to mount...something like that.

16.5" wheels have a tapered bead, which under low pressure, extreme flex or a flat will cause the bead to unseat itself very easily. This is why most off roaders with 16.5" wheels run bead locks. Most other size wheels have a square bead at the wheel lip and will keep the tire in place.

16.5" bead
You must be registered for see images attach

Most other wheels

Dooley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
RW
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
I have a 1978 3/4 and I want to put a 4inch suspension lift on it. I have 16inch wheels on it now but would go bigger. I'm just wondering what would be the best wheel and tire combination for this size lift? How big can I go with out rubbing the fenders?

My M1008 with no lift and 255/85-16's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartunesguy