Tilt steering column?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
'81 Z28 wheel feel great ;)

Attachments

• _SLY6368.jpg
    _SLY6368.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 55

LocoLocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
I came across one of those and was wondering if it would fit!

Anyone have experience with this company? I'm not afraid to spend the money for quality but paying over 1k for a steering column seems kinda crazy to me.

ETA: did a little reading and I am going to stay away from these for now. Think I'll save my pennies for a Flaming River. Also considering Speedway. Anyone have direct experience with Speedway?

Last edited:

87chevy_com

Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
L83
I'm 6'6, and the column always felt too close to me. I can weld, and I'm creative... so I relocated the factory park/neutral switch by cutting the section of the steering column tube, cutting that section in half and swapping them and welding them back on the tube... essentially moving the switch mounting point a few inches away from the firewall, lengthened the factory steering column mounting bracket and got myself a few extra inches which allows me to push the column about 2 inches closer to the dash. defiantly noticeable! I did use the stock steering column intermediate shaft, but I did have to melt the plastic pins, and separate the shaft, shorten the solid rod about 2 inches and then slid it back together. Later I did the jeep steering shaft mod, also nice upgrade

the steering wheel is way closer to the dash when the wheel is fully tilted upwards. Next time I pick the truck up from storage, I will take a picture.
clint

from my imageshack when i did it:

You must be registered for see images attach

made the notch in the column inner tube for the switch like oe location had

Front column bracket mod, no pictures of it, just lengthen the "arms" were the factory adjuster slides on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1