This makes 0 sense to me! Heater hose route

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Unfortunately the port on the rad is there and with the trans cooler there they tend to work together. Not wanting to plug a big hole if I don’t need to
Aftermarket rads come with a plug for that hole.My trans cooler has no need for that hole.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Unfortunately the port on the rad is there and with the trans cooler there they tend to work together. Not wanting to plug a big hole if I don’t need to
Honestly, your setup isn't doing any harm. But if it bugs you, just plumb it the way it is supposed to be plumbed.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
@Turbo4whl

I did a little research after your post, and what I found is the 5/8 is pressurized hot coolant from the intake, the 3/4 is of course still hot, but is the suction side, just as you said. Again, thanks for clarifying. Although, I read, and of course it's true because it's on the internet, but, someone stated the larger hose on the suction side was because at some point in history there was a gurgling sound from the heater core, so the fix was a bigger hose on the downstream/suction side of the heater core.

tsgs84

Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I like that adjuster on the alternator, pretty slick.
That alternator adjuster came with the March serpentine belt kit, works great. Might be available separately.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
You must be registered for see images attach

how much did your kit cost you? i priced it out on their website. 906 without AC or thermostat housing or extra thrills.

And how long have you had it? idbe interested to know how long the Belts last being manually tensioned serpentine belts. No damping from a tensioner. Also, how do you tension the PS pump? Is it like the alternator?

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
Engine Size

how much did your kit cost you? i priced it out on their website. 906 without AC or thermostat housing or extra thrills.

And how long have you had it? idbe interested to know how long the Belts last being manually tensioned serpentine belts. No damping from a tensioner. Also, how do you tension the PS pump? Is it like the alternator?
Manual tensioners, in my experience, don't have any affect on belt life. My Cherokee is manual, and I prefer that over a spring loaded tensioner.

tsgs84

Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

I honestly can’t remember how much it was it’s the March sport track kit looks just like the picture you attached. Yes the p/s is a long handle strong bar adjust just like a stock V belt. I think the kit was $530. W/O any accessories, I got all new but shop Jegs and Summit for those. Have not run it long enough to answer the belt question but all seems to be going well and really like the kit, it’s compact and the A/C is not sitting on top of the engine. Only issue on installing was drilling out a water pump hole depending on which pump you have and things get really crowded down at the bottom with the A/C and idler and water pump hose.

tsgs84

Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I honestly can’t remember how much it was it’s the March sport track kit looks just like the picture you attached. Yes the p/s is a long handle strong bar adjust just like a stock V belt. I think the kit was $530. W/O any accessories, I got all new but shop Jegs and Summit for those. Have not run it long enough to answer the belt question but all seems to be going well and really like the kit, it’s compact and the A/C is not sitting on top of the engine. Only issue on installing was drilling out a water pump hole depending on which pump you have and things get really crowded down at the bottom with the A/C and idler and water pump hose.
A couple things I just remembered alignment for the P/S pump was a trial and error pain but finally, and working with Old Air products on retrofitting the Sanden compressor to GM he pointed out the limitations of the compact compressor. I have a regular cab So I’ll be fine not something you want in a Suburban. Also recommended belts by instructions were to short but overall instructions were very good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko