The mean 700r4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83_c10

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Alright I've had this truck for 5 years going on 6 and since I have owned it it has leaked. I just replaced the gasket and filter in the trans. It didn't leak til today. It got really cold last night and I think the gasket shrunk enough to let fluid piss out. I am thinking the pan is junk. I could straighten out the rails on the pan but that would weaken it more. And it would just bend right back as soon as you torque it back on. I torqued the pan on to 10ft. The front and rear seals have been replaced too and since being replaced they haven't leaked at all. Just that damn pan. So I am wonder what else could possible cause the leak. The lines that go to the trans cooler aren't leaking either. Would it be a hairline crack? Also when I am driving this truck on the highway as soon as I hit overdrive it falls flat on its face. Zero power. Zero response. I have to drop it back down to get up to speed. Even when I get to speed and put it in overdrive she just doesn't have any power at all. It's like it just got hooked up to a train and is having a hard time towing it.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Get a good pan gasket, the rubber one with the built in spacers that wont overtighten the gasket, no matter what, straighten out the rails first though.

Give that enjun a good tuneup then, make sure the cable is properly adjusted to the trans.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You may have overtightened it. It's not hard to do, especially with cork/rubber gaskets. If you didn't overtighten it to the point of dimpling the bolt holes, you can start over with a better gasket as suggested. For trans builds, I use an INCH LB torque wrench for this reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli