The hell g.m. lol?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The domestics in the 70's and 80's were crap for quality.The pickup trucks were not so bad as the cars were tho. A guy in Atlanta used to tell me stories about the Lakewood plant there.Those plants thought the line should never stop for quality and the japanese would stop their lines in a minute for any issues.Seems like american companies think the customer and dealers should just correct all the sorry crap instead

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
The domestics in the 70's and 80's were crap for quality.The pickup trucks were not so bad as the cars were tho. A guy in Atlanta used to tell me stories about the Lakewood plant there.Those plants thought the line should never stop for quality and the japanese would stop their lines in a minute for any issues.Seems like american companies think the customer and dealers should just correct all the sorry crap instead

My neighbor had a '75 or so Corvette that I helped him out with on a couple of occasions. Man, that thing was a monumental P. O. S.

I was expecting that it was an anomaly, but a guy I work with used to work for a GM dealer and had to deal with their warranties. He agreed that they were everything wrong with the American auto industry at the time.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My neighbor had a '75 or so Corvette that I helped him out with on a couple of occasions. Man, that thing was a monumental P. O. S.

I was expecting that it was an anomaly, but a guy I work with used to work for a GM dealer and had to deal with their warranties. He agreed that they were everything wrong with the American auto industry at the time.
The factory can just send crap out to the dealers,issue a recall on the problems.Knowing full well they wont have to fix every car that has the recall on it.If they fixed all the problems on the cars at the assembly line it would be every single car fixed.They save money this way,but their quality image can really suffer and it makes for a hassle for the customers to deal with recalls on stupid stuff that the factory probably knew about all along but won't admit to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j250trxr