Th400 to 12bolt 5lug driveshaft options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kolt88

Reaction score
First Name
Kolt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 swb
Engine Size
Hi everyone ive got a 1983 swb c10 with a th400 and a 12 bolt 5 lug rearend, ive been looking but haven't found an easy route without going to a driveshaft shop but i just bought my truck and the only thing it needs is a drive shaft. Im wanting to go from a bolt on yoke to a slip on.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
If you were closer i woukd trade you the slip yoke pieces for the bolt on stuff.
If you are doing a one piece driveshaft, get one from a 1970s GM full size car and have it shortened. I got mine from a 76 caddy and had it shortened. Be careful, the TH375 has a th400 pan but the output is th350 sized.
You can always swap on a th400 slip yoke to the driveshaft if you cant find a th400 car.
One of the other members will have to chime in about the possible leak from using a slip yoke to bolt-on shaft, as I do not have that experience.

Welcome!

Kolt88

Reaction score
First Name
Kolt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 swb
Engine Size
Hey thanks guys, i appreciate the help and not flaming.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hey thanks guys, i appreciate the help and not flaming.
:welcome:

This isn't a flame. I'm just wondering how you made sure everything was good, without a driveline in it, to test drive it.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
If you were closer i woukd trade you the slip yoke pieces for the bolt on stuff.
If you are doing a one piece driveshaft, get one from a 1970s GM full size car and have it shortened. I got mine from a 76 caddy and had it shortened. Be careful, the TH375 has a th400 pan but the output is th350 sized.
You can always swap on a th400 slip yoke to the driveshaft if you cant find a th400 car.
One of the other members will have to chime in about the possible leak from using a slip yoke to bolt-on shaft, as I do not have that experience.

Welcome!
Muncie uses the same output spline. When I converted from fixed home to slip that what I used. I have a couple fixed yoke, yokes. That’s pretty much my go to transmission. People are scared of them and sell them cheap lol

Kolt88

Reaction score
First Name
Kolt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 swb
Engine Size
Itll crank up and run fine the trans im taking in good faith that its good. The man i bought the truck from has drove it before and hes a pastor of a church and gave me his word its good so im hoping everything is fine. My grandpa always told me a **** only as good as his word and being 60 or so i imagine he lives by the same values. I did buy it as a project so worst come to worst ill have to get it rebuilt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes