TH350 to 4l60 or 4l80 swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-ROD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ive currently got a 350 turbo tranny with a NP208 tcase, and a Im not sure that it would work, but could I use a 4l60 or a 4l80 tranny in in my k10, it originaly had a 700R4, but ive heard they have many issues, so I was wondering if it would work and if neccesary and
needed a pcm, what does it need to control the shifts?

T-ROD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I know that the 700R4 has an electronic control on some, although im just going to stick with my TH350, it was more of a curiousity question, I do beleive theres a few that only have lockup converters, and can be hooked up with no ecm, bc even the factory setup was through the dist. I do know that ive seen that the TH350 & TH350 C is damn near one of the toughest tranny's for an average sized tranny, and parts are fairly cheap, I also know that the 4l80 is a fairly good tranny, and considering that ive seen many, and all of them usualy have been in the vehicle for over 200,000 to 250,000 and still work shows that there at least decent, and theyre o.d. trannys so theyre prob geared diff for mpg too.

T-ROD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I know that the 700R4 has an electronic control on some, although im just going to stick with my TH350, it was more of a curiousity question, I do beleive theres a few that only have lockup converters, and can be hooked up with no ecm, bc even the factory setup was through the dist. I do know that ive seen that the TH350 & TH350 C is damn near one of the toughest tranny's for an average sized tranny, and parts are fairly cheap, I also know that the 4l80 is a fairly good tranny, and considering that ive seen many, and all of them usualy have been in the vehicle for over 200,000 to 250,000 and still work shows that there at least decent, and theyre o.d. trannys so theyre prob geared diff for mpg too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli