TH350+np203 trans leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitelightnin13

Reaction score
First Name
eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
it appears I have a decent leak from either the adapter plate or output seal. not really sure and would hate to take it apart and not be able to purchase the seal or gasket immediately as I drive my truck everyday. Any advise would be great. ALSO it has been like this for a long time as I bought it this way im just tired of checking it every 3 days and adding to it.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Have you priced out the seals and gaskets yet? They're usually not too expensive, and worth having them all on hand when you disassemble the unit.

whitelightnin13

Reaction score
First Name
eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
sorta.. finding the output seal is more difficult than I thought. and the gaskets come in a set that would fit all kinds of transm and transf setups and are pricy. but it looks like that's what ill end up doing sooner than later!

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
What parts store are you dealing with? Big name chain store or old school parts store where they still know how to look up stuff in catalogs?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
All I do is get some assorted gasket sheets from the parts store and then remove the adapter and place the appropriate sized gasket material (usually the black stuff) on to the adapter then take a light hammer and gently tap all around the edge of the adpter where the gasket would normally end. This will actually cut the gasket material along the edge of the adapter making a perfect fit gasket. and it only takes like 2 minutes a side. and its probably even cheaper too!

A ball peen hammer works great for getting the bolt holes cut out.

Then just use RTV gasket maker on each side of the gasket and it will not leak!

whitelightnin13

Reaction score
First Name
eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
ya ive got a bud with the gasketpaper and the punches. good to hear from someone who had the same leak and had success fixing it. will let you know how it goes

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
ya ive got a bud with the gasketpaper and the punches. good to hear from someone who had the same leak and had success fixing it. will let you know how it goes

Right on. I rebuilt my transfer case a few years back and that's what I used for gaskets. Still no leaks.

I don't think I could get my hands on those gaskets even if I tried!

whitelightnin13

Reaction score
First Name
eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

finally got around to it and so far so good. the 203 is very heavy and awkward lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Green K10