TBI stops working after approx 45 mins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heatstroke

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
To preface I've searched for this and found similar scenarios, but none exactly like mine. My truck is an '82 K10 with '89 Blazer TBI put on it. I didn't do the work but it ran great when I first bought it. The problem I'm having is after about 45 mins of running, the engine will quit upon deceleration and will not restart. I pulled off the air cleaner and looked at the injectors to see if they were pulsing during start and they were not. I double checked the fuel pump to make sure it primed prior to start and was powered when the car would run normally.

I have heard that this is most likely a problem with the ECU not picking up a signal from the distributor. I would just like to verify that in this forum and bounce the idea off of the many experts in here. I'm new to the forum and Chevys so please forgive my ignorance. I do have some mechanical knowledge and understand theory of operation quite well. If it is the distributor where is the signal producer and can I just pick one up at NAPA? I appreciate the help!!!