Take a look at this rust spot, please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toad455

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I don’t know how to metal work to fix oil canning. Although that’s not your issue with the roof, correct?
hail damage is just like 100 door dings? There’s a 0% chance that would cause me to replace the roof. Skin it with quality filler and sand away. Imo.
The rust spots are similar to the dozen or more I had around the windshield and back window except no rust in the door channel.
What I found once I started cutting it out was comforting in that the rust came from the outside-in and the metal was undamaged and full thickness with directly outside the rust holes. I cut out less than 25% of what I thought I was going to have to. I did burn up a can of that snorkel rust spray all around the windshield frame though.
Those 2 little spots are easy for someone with your experience.
Thanks much, that's what I plan on doing. I'm glad I decided against replacing the skin. You guys helped me with that decision and I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad