Taillight harness?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck13

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
1985/1978
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey all.I'm looking for a source for the rubber connectors plugs for a 1978 C10 stepside.The main 4 wire connector
and the two wire taillight connectors.Actually found a harness on Fleabay but I don't really want to spend $130 on
it.At this time I "don't have sufficient privilege" to post in the classified or I'd put up an ad.Any help would be
appreciated!

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Unless its a show truck or some unmolested gem cut the factory plugs off & replace with weatherpack connectors. They're a PIA to do correctly but are a quality connector.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Weather packs are great connectors, but you can also get away with any cheap connector provided that you cover those connectors in a bit of dielectric grease as it'll help keep the moisture out. I would not buy a harness either but if I did I'd try LMC truck first followed by Classic industries, but I bet they will be costly too.

chuck13

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
1985/1978
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
This is a stepside so the connectors stick out the bottom of the bedside.Then the connector from the taillight itself plugs into that.Both are rubber 2/3 plug connectors.So even if I spent $130 plug for the harness,I don't have the plugs for the taillights.And yeah I've got the WeatherPak stuff,so I will most likely use that under the bed.Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06