Tailgate Hop while driving with it closed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
We have a drop-bump down our road that causes my tailgate to hop. When it does it, it's as loud as the tail gate when it falls open. Is there anything that can be done to tighten this up?

Thanks In Advance

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
There's only two points the tailgate bolt to, I'd see if there is anything you can do on the bracket on the right bottom of the tailgate, mine seems to be loose in that spot, might have to modify it to fit in the slot better?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I put cheap/thick electrical tape on the drivers side bolt that swivels in the hole. Helped out a lot. I then took some styrofoam and put it behind the rubber bumper at the top to make it stick out more. Good to go.

The passenger side didn't go so well. The part that allows you to pull up the tailgate for removal is going to be a different story. I can only make it thicker at the top of it and still be able to take it on/off easily. May play with some PVC and see what happens. I put the styrofoam behind the rubber stop at the top as well. Needs more but we'll get it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx