sway bar bushing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farmracer51

Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
can not find any body that sells bushings for a1978 4x4 short box front sway bar bushing where it connects to spring casting. Was told you only get at gm dealer

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
can not find any body that sells bushings for a1978 4x4 short box front sway bar bushing where it connects to spring casting. Was told you only get at gm dealer
I got an energy suspensions greasable bushing kit for the frame and they came with bushings for the bar at the spring mount also. Mine is a 3/4 ton with the 1-1/4" bar.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CN986M/

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Ive been having the same issue with my 83 k10 suburban. I have the 1-1/4" inch bar as well. I thought the Moog "front" bushings came with the link bushings but I was mistaken.

Would this kit suffice?

MOOG K8657 Stabilizer Bar Link Bushing Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C59ZMC/

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Ive been having the same issue with my 83 k10 suburban. I have the 1-1/4" inch bar as well. I thought the Moog "front" bushings came with the link bushings but I was mistaken.

Would this kit suffice?

MOOG K8657 Stabilizer Bar Link Bushing Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C59ZMC/
That kit isn't even for a chevy? Totally wrong kind of bushings. The one I linked is for a 4x4 squarebody front sway bar.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
@Bextreme04

So.... Moog part number K7326 is for the "front" front sway bar bushings. I figured it came with the end links, similar to the ones you linked to. But nope.

From what I could gather, I thought the moog kit I linked to was a "universal" kit? But I'm dumb so I'll take your word for it.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Idk why these would not just come with end links

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-10-12-20-04-28~2.png
    Capture+_2021-10-12-20-04-28~2.png
    615.9 KB · Views: 63

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@83Burban, @farmracer51,

I have always bought Energy Suspension products. I you call them they can help you narrow down your search for the correct bar bushings and end links. The LMC site only has one style end link bushings, some have longer bolts and some shorter bolts but the same style bushing. But there is no info on the size of the bushings, diameter, or height of the bushing. Unlike LMC, Energy will get you whatever is supposed to go to your truck both front and rear, if applicable. Some bushing sets will have a short bottom bushing and a tall bushing above the short one. They will have different diameter end link bushings to. But most all their center bar bushings are alike with only a couple that are different. It's the end link bushings that are confusing if you don't work with the tech to figure it out. They are usually inexpensive as well.

Also Summit usually has bushing sets that include the end links if you order the "set". They also have just the center bushings as well. I have worked with Energy Suspension on bushings for years with my truck. I have NO rubber in my suspension at all. Even my ball joint and tie rod end dust boots are polyurethane. Energy will work with you to get the right one's. It took us weeks to finally get the correct bushings for my Super Lift traction bars that Super Lift doesn't even make anymore and didn't have any bushings for them. So Energy and I went through I don't know how many until we finally found the right ones.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and returned the moog bushings and purchased the front sway bar set from energy. The one extreme linked too. They should get here today.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@83Burban,

Good for you. I'm sure you'll like them. They are a quality product. Also, you may get a tube of silicone grease with the set. Or you may just get a box with the individual parts in it. Hopefully you'll get the silicone grease with one of the parts. It'll come in a little tube. Use it liberally on the inside of the bar bushings. If not, get some silicone grease for the bushings before you put them on. You don't happen to have a Summit store in Kansas City do you? Or a racing parts store that might have some silicone grease? *Do not use regular grease of any description*! The only other grease that comes close to silicone is that "Lucus" Red and Tacky. That will work especially if the bar bushings have grease fittings. You can squirt some in there from time to time. You won't need any grease for the end link bushings.

Also, if you've never delt with silicone grease before it is hard to get off your skin so use vinyl gloves. If you do get some on you use something like M.E.K., or Naptha, or even Acetone to remove it from your skin. It won't hurt you it's just a bi**ch to remove from skin.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
@Raider L

No summit....but Hot Rod Expresss is right up the road. I normally use Lucas grease but I'll get some silicone for good measure.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@83Burban,

Have fun. Polyurethane will give your truck handling like a new car. It takes all the slop out of the steering and suspension. It's not hard, it's "firm". You may have to get used to the new reaction the suspension has when you turn tightly. It's not going to roll and squish, and squat around like it used to. It's goint to go and turn straight. You are going to like it. It gives you more confidence in the handling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg