Suburban front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85 C10

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I am thinking of adding the front grille lights from the 90 - 91 GMC suburban to the front of my 85 Silverado. How much work does this entail? Also thinking of shaving the drip rails. how hard would this be. thank you all for the help hope to start posting pics of my baby this season

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I am thinking of adding the front grille lights from the 90 - 91 GMC suburban to the front of my 85 Silverado. How much work does this entail? Also thinking of shaving the drip rails. how hard would this be. thank you all for the help hope to start posting pics of my baby this season

You have to change the core support then the Mini Quad grill and lights will bolt in. So get the core support from the donor that has the Min Quad Grill. Prolly ought to get the wiring harness too then you can adapt it to your current harness real easy.

Why shave the drip rails??? They're screwed on. Unscrews the screws, take them off and fill the screw holes and finish with your favorite paint method.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Hot rods exactly right, look for a loaded core support. I recently did this on my. 87 swb and it's pretty straight forward. The core support bolts to both fenders, two that if I remember correctly bolt to the frame through those big rubber supports. Make sure you grab the harness that goes to the new headlights as the connector is different. Another thing to look for is if you have an oil cooler on your old support. I believe my old core support also had the charcoal canister bracket on the inside of the support and the mini did not. I relocated it to the inner fender well. All in all it was a pretty quick swap.

bmfp407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
brett
Truck Year
Truck Model
r20
Engine Size
sounds easy enough

Forum statistics

Threads