Stock Front Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quentinc25

Reaction score
First Name
Quentin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I need to replace my front springs. MOOG has a set of standard springs and a set of heavy duty springs. I have a C10 4x2 with a 305 but plan to drop in a 350 soon. My question is should I get the heavy duty springs or stay with the standard springs? Not really sure what the advantages would be to using the heavy duty springs.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
The heavy duty springs, from what I've seen, usually raise the front of a truck about 1-1.5" over standard duty springs.

Since you are staying with a small block, I'd get the regular duty springs. If you were moving to a big block, the heavy duty springs would probably be a good idea.

quentinc25

Reaction score
First Name
Quentin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
The heavy duty springs, from what I've seen, usually raise the front of a truck about 1-1.5" over standard duty springs.

Since you are staying with a small block, I'd get the regular duty springs. If you were moving to a big block, the heavy duty springs would probably be a good idea.

Thanks for the info.

ohchiiit

Reaction score
First Name
brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
468ci
a new set of springs will raise the truck anyways because they dont have 30 years worth of settling on them!