Stock exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Layne02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
Hi, kinda new here. I am restoring the 87 gmc sierra classic my dad drove around for 20 something years . I have a question about the exhaust, I have found several of the stock pipes made by Walker, but my problem is this, on this truck there was a section rusted out behind the intermediate pipe which is behind the muffler. So I am not sure how it goes to the two separate tailpipes .

In other words I see this: Y pipe off manifolds, then muffler, then intermediate pipe, nothing for foot or so, then two tailpipes. Cant figure out the missing section. Thanks for any help in advance.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
They came out of the muffler into a Y and then ran as two separate pipes. I had a factory one for sale for the longest time and finally scrapped it.

Layne02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
Thanks George, thats kinda what I was guessing, just didnt know for sure and cant find exact reproduction.

Ive got the y pipe from manifolds, intermediate pipe and tail pipes, just cant find the y pipe you are talking about . Maybe I can find a universal one . Thanks again

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy