Steering and suspension rebuild 84' K10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itscaleb

Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
In about 9 months i have to move about 2k miles and I'm worried enough about my steering and suspension that I'm going to have my mechanic friend do a complete rebuild on them.

I have 2 questions.

First, is there a complete kit for both?

Second, what would the difference between a suspension rebuild and a 2" suspension lift kit?

Everything I've tried to look up always comes up with results for individual kits and when I look up the suspension rebuild vs lift kit I only get results for suspension lift vs frame lift.

This is the first time I've attempted this so any and all assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Is everything tight now? Do you have any play (more than expected)? Ball joints, tie rods and bearings aren't that expensive. RockAuto will cut your price in half easily compared to local stores....and thats the same moog part #'s from both. Don't forget we get 5% off here. You've got time, order here an there if need be.

itscaleb

Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've got a 1/4 turn play in the steering (about 1/8 turn in each direction) and I hear a rattle in the front left whenever I am moving. Also, the truck sat in mud up to the door frame for about 3 months before I bought it from the previous owner so I don't trust the parts that were below. I already replaced the front brakes. Still need to rebuild/replace the rear brakes too.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I'd replace the front axle u-joints while the balljoints are being replaced. Sounds like it would be a good idea to pull the cover and change fluid on the front/rear axle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood