starting problems back!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

issacdilldine

Reaction score
First Name
issac
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
355/th350/np208
well i replace the battery and alternator and it went perfect for a couple weeks then went out driving around all night with high beams on then later that night I plugged my phone charger into the cigarette lighter and used the power windows a couple of times then the next moring I went to start it and just clicked but started when I jumped it I dont know what it could be this time. Could anyone help me again?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Was the truck running with teh phone charger and window movements? Those phone chargers suck up a ton of current.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
have you replaced any cables? A cable with a few broken strands is like a kinked garden hose, and will not provide a full charge to the battery.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
350 with 350 Turbo transmission
x2 on the cables. I had a similar problem once and replacing the cables fixed it for me. Those cables had green verdegris corrosion all inside the insulation, and that was the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammygunns