square body looks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mamu

Reaction score
First Name
matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
its not the hole im worried about!!!! its the part of the rod that i think made the hole....where is it? i gues i could run the new multi-cylinder technology. V7 chevy!

i want to go either big block or late model ls......both being slightly "built"

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
its not the hole im worried about!!!! its the part of the rod that i think made the hole....where is it? i gues i could run the new multi-cylinder technology. V7 chevy!

You should pull the piston out and drive it around, see how long it lasts. I have herd of it being done on big rigs before, this could be a very interesting experiment......

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

You should pull the piston out and drive it around, see how long it lasts. I have herd of it being done on big rigs before, this could be a very interesting experiment......

Hell yeah, just find out what cyl it is. disconnect that plug wire from the dizzy and drive it. I hear V8's running on 5, and 6 cylinders, so I know it'll run on 7. I won't be to bad as long as its not burpin and fartin out the exhaust and intake and shouldn't be able to do either wo compression. I've heard of big rigs making it half way across the country loaded with 5 of 6 cylinders by shutting the injector and capping the fuel line of the bad cylinder. Just had to limp it back to where they could get it repaired. Those truckers get ripped in the ass for on road repairs or being out of town, not to mention you don't do an in frame rebuild in a couple days at a truck shop.

If you are wanting to go Big Block or LS, and havein't acquired parts for either, I'd go LS with electronics. Big Block will do nothing but drink fuel and in this day and age, electronics is where its at for mpg and power. Big Block will only give power. LS will give best of both worlds.

mamu

Reaction score
First Name
matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hell yeah, just find out what cyl it is. disconnect that plug wire from the dizzy and drive it. I hear V8's running on 5, and 6 cylinders, so I know it'll run on 7. I won't be to bad as long as its not burpin and fartin out the exhaust and intake and shouldn't be able to do either wo compression. I've heard of big rigs making it half way across the country loaded with 5 of 6 cylinders by shutting the injector and capping the fuel line of the bad cylinder. Just had to limp it back to where they could get it repaired. Those truckers get ripped in the ass for on road repairs or being out of town, not to mention you don't do an in frame rebuild in a couple days at a truck shop.

If you are wanting to go Big Block or LS, and havein't acquired parts for either, I'd go LS with electronics. Big Block will do nothing but drink fuel and in this day and age, electronics is where its at for mpg and power. Big Block will only give power. LS will give best of both worlds.

yea i know all about that stuff. me and my dad own a diesel repair shop in our home town so we see alot of strange things!!! but we also like to play with our diesel pickups to see about what kind of power we can make. (i should be pushin around 600 and dad is closer to 550)

but yea i have a tpi that i bought cheap, but im thinkin about sellin it and going for like a 6.2 out of a denali or maybe a ls7!!! :) its all summed up in one statement, if your gunna play you have to pay!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogueakula