Splined Wheels?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Have y'all ever seen splined wheels like that? Maybe I'm too young, but I've never seen it on a car/truck. I don't think the uni-lug race (e.g. new NASCAR) wheels do it either.

I saw them listed locally for free, and just though it was interesting. Supposedly they're off a "Sunbeam Alpine Series II". Not my jam, but I'm sure someone can appreciate the euro trash.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Common on knock off type hubs

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I would bet someone out there can use them. I had a couple of Sunbeam Alpines, but none with wire wheels. Not too many Sunbeams around, not sure where you could advertise them other than ebay or Hemmings. Mine was this style, unfortunately it never looked that good when I had it.

As a side note, a Sunbeam Alpine is the car Maxwell Smart drove in the TV series Get Smart.

Attachments

• Sunbeam-Alpine-8.jpg
    Sunbeam-Alpine-8.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 44

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I would bet someone out there can use them. I had a couple of Sunbeam Alpines, but none with wire wheels. Not too many Sunbeams around, not sure where you could advertise them other than ebay or Hemmings. Mine was this style, unfortunately it never looked that good when I had it.

As a side note, a Sunbeam Alpine is the car Maxwell Smart drove in the TV series Get Smart.
Love that show. I grew up on that show. As well as others from the same era..

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
Very common on many British Leyland cars, MG, Triumph, Austin Healey, Jaguar to name a few.
I guess I never paid much attention to those little cars. Thanks for the lesson.

I thought about trying to grab them, but quickly realized I don't need anything like that. Not worth my time or space to try and flip them. I got enough vehicle projects lined up to occupy years of my free time.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
I guess I never paid much attention to those little cars. Thanks for the lesson.

I thought about trying to grab them, but quickly realized I don't need anything like that. Not worth my time or space to try and flip them. I got enough vehicle projects lined up to occupy years of my free time.
Good call on your part. There are reasons they're listed for free. Tube type tires, hit curb and you need to true the wheel. Rusty spokes don't adjust. They only fit rusted cars that are gone.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
Good call on your part. There are reasons they're listed for free. Tube type tires, hit curb and you need to true the wheel. Rusty spokes don't adjust. They only fit rusted cars that are gone.
Thanks for lesson number two on the subject. Makes perfect sense and I'm glad I didn't miss an opportunity.

Believe you me though, I got no problem holding on to rusty worthless car parts. They just need to fit one of my vehicles and be in a little better shape than the rusty parts on said vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512