Small block or Big block?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
I was told it was Mr Norm, a famous Mopar dealership owner. I have seen pictures of him, I don’t think it looks anything like him. So I have no clue who it really is. I just like the use that whenever discussing engines. Oldsmobile engines don’t really have a torque curve, more like a torque plain . The torque starts high, hits its peak, then falls back to the high point. However, they definitely have their tongue hanging out much over 5500rpm.

On a totally unrelated subject, I wanted to find the Mr Norm dealership on one of my Chicago road trips, the famous Don Yenko dealership in Pennsylvania, the Royal Pontiac dealership, all have gone to that big car lot in the sky. . I guess I was born 30 years too late.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/mr-norm-kraus

Backfoot100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Carbed 350
Thats some race car driver dude..who is it? I cant put my finger on his name but he's a badass for sure.

LOL.....Jonathon Winters, comedian. Absolutely nothing to do with racing but everything to do with a meme.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
There ya go. Sounds good to me..thats who it is race car bad ass, comedian...whatever.
Kinda looks like a waltrip or something? I dunno some brother i thought maybe but thats the right name. Thanks!

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
A big block will make more torque right off idle (and then the curve will start to climb!) than your small will ever make. To make big block torque with a small block means starting with a BIG small block, or forced induction.

Big torque engines to me are much more fun to drive. Steer the front wheels with the steering wheel, the rear tires with the throttle!

I believe I already stated paragraph one. I guess I forgot the second statement. Very true!

So X2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8