silverado fender emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85 C10

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
how are the Silverado fender emblems attached to the fenders and how hard are they to remove

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
They are held on by two pins protruding from the back of the emblem, they go through the two small holes in the fender, and have some tin quick nuts that bolt on from the behind the fender. Thing is, you have to remove the fender to do it, and its a pain in the ass for two little nuts. I did it to my 86. or you can take the easy way out, and use some double sided tape.

85 C10

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I was thinking of removing them just wanted to see what I maybe getting into

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Usually with time, the pegs on the emblems get brittle, and break off all by themselves. If you really want to just take them off, just push up or down one side. They Will Break.
but if you have a nice paint job, be very careful, not to scratch the finish with the broken pegs.
Your looking to take them off, and I spent $90 on just one side Silverado 10 emblem. Those things are expensive little pieces of plastic ****. But I kinda think they give your truck a classy look. But whatever blows your hair back.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
They are held on by two pins protruding from the back of the emblem, they go through the two small holes in the fender, and have some tin quick nuts that bolt on from the behind the fender. Thing is, you have to remove the fender to do it, and its a pain in the ass for two little nuts. I did it to my 86. or you can take the easy way out, and use some double sided tape.

You can't get to it through the fenderwell??

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
The access hole in the fenderwell through which you have to get through to get to the pins of the emblem is not accessible, unless the fender is removed. You can cut out another access, but I wouldn't do it myself, I'd just remove the fender.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I wish someone would make a repro one that has the little spring loaded clips that would pop out inside the fender to hold it like they do for the trim at the bed corners on the later models.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
There you go - that's your million dollar idea. Take it home, Derek!

No really, I know exactly what you mean. I have a full set of real nice OEM Sierra Classic badges that I will be applying/installing on a restore I am doing. Some have all the pegs, some have a couple, and some have none.

After all the time and effort put into this project, it seems a shame that at the end I will have to stick the emblems on with what basically amounts to scotch tape.

I have been wracking my brain to come up with some better method of attaching them than double-sided tape. No light bulbs yet.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
That 3M tape is some pretty good ****. I have no hesitations about using it? Keeps the water, dirt and salt out from behind it and starting rust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005