Scottsdale Side Molding Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
So, I've been thinking about when my K10 is painted and pretty much restored on the exterior, I'm thinking of doing the Scottsdale spear molding.. I think it's more unique and easier to remove and install compared to the original Silverado type trim.

Just wondering what you guy's opinions are on it, and if this here is the closest thing, because there seems to not be one single source of reproduction trim from any sites (unless you got the 67-72 Spear molding, but I doubt that'd fit...)

Anyways, I found it on the internet. Lemme' know, guys. :D

You must be registered for see images

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I personally always though it looked out of place. I love the uplevel side trim, even if it's just the upper strip with the hockey stick portion on the front fender. That was optional, usually seen on trucks that were a single color (and not a Cheyenne or Silverado).

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
I personally always though it looked out of place. I love the uplevel side trim, even if it's just the upper strip with the hockey stick portion on the front fender. That was optional, usually seen on trucks that were a single color (and not a Cheyenne or Silverado).

I kind of like it because it's a lot more unique and seems far more rare than the Silverado trim or no trim. But I get what you're saying with the upper strip, I've seen that on some on the forums. I've thinking about doing a pin strip trim too to mimick that whole upper strip deal. Just not sure what I'd want to go with.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You know what I am going to say... I like the Scottsdale trim! I have considered when mine gets repainted to leave it off. But every time I look at my truck again, I decide I like it even more!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD