Sac religious bench swap.. Hear me out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
locally on Facebook, there's a guy that will exchange your seat for one of his for $450. I'm sure he would do your seat if you wanted to keep your orignal assembly.

drumvirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-30
Engine Size
WalMart has foam in different thicknesses in their sewing supply area. Last year I reupholstered my riding mower seat that was missing chunks of foam. I roughly cut the foam to fit the places and glued it in with E-6000 from Wally's (one or two aisles over in the crafts dept.(a great shoe-goo company product)) and flat weight to hold it down. When dry (the glue...not me) I just trimmed it decently with a sharp pair of scissors and covered it with by-the-yard hvydty vinyl fake leather upholstery material from Wally's, too. None of it is expensive and it's very sturdy.

Btw, anybody have a hub cover to spare like the one in the picture? My ex-tire in Virginia place lost mine, just before they almost killed my son and I outside of Elk City, OK. The VA tire shop tore up the bead mounting one of my brand new tires for the cross country trip in my nice old 95 Grand Marquis 25 mpg luxury boat. They didn't tell me and left it mounted and the front driver's side blew out at 70+ mph. Hardly any shoulder to change the tire so I played formula 1 pit crew while my son yelled "Look out!" when appropriate. We found L & R Tire & Truck Center on Main street in Elk City and I got to give them a plug because they gave two weary shook up travellers A1 top notch service and even called me over to show me what the screw-ups in VA did to my tire while mounting it and put our lives in danger by keeping it secret! The L & R replacement tire was almost a dead match and the price was fair and square honest! Two years later when passing thru again to God-forsaken New Mexico, we bought pizzas in town and stopped just before lunch to give them our thanks. What's this for?, then Hey! these are those folks that had the blow-out on I-40 a couple of years ago! Thanks again, L & R!

Last edited:

Albrigap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I have a recovered blue seat but it is in South Dakota.
I do seat cover work as a hobby.
All the square body bench seats from 1973 on up were mostly the same.
Some were solid backs, for crew cabs and Suburbans, some had folding backs and some had locking backs.
There was also the normal seat and some had high density foam that were almost hard to set on.
The brackets from the seat to the floor may be a bit different but the seats were pretty much universal.
If you find another seat, measure the bolt locations in the seat frame.
Yes, truck seats were the same too.
You will find they are the same.
Seats are simpler than most think.

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
As I mentioned in my introduction I have recently had an ‘83 C20 dropped in my lap. My wife’s uncle who she and even I was very close with, unfortunately passed away. When he passed we found out that his truck. Yes, the one mentioned above became mine!!!

So, now I do want restore it completely back to original. However, I don’t have the funds to do that quickly. So, as a place holder while I find an upholstery shop to revamp the original bench, and save the money to do so. I was wanting to know if there is a cheaper bench anyone knows of that has the same bolt location/pattern? Any make or model new or old. I just need to have something to sit on, in order to drive it.

Thanks for any advice. Again I am returning to its original glory, but am in search of a placeholder for now.
I have a lower bench seat foam cushion (1981-87) that I purchased from USA1 Industries in 2019 for $200.00 + shipping. Long story why it wouldn't work for me and why I couldn't return it but I would sell it for $100.00. Problem is, the shipping would be around $75 because of the box size and I'm not really interested in going to all that trouble. If you are ever in the Houston area, you could pick it up. You may also want to contact Out Back Trucks (281) 350-9072 and ask for Paul or Andy. They have a huge stock of old original and re-manfactured items for SB trucks (same stuff as most of the catalogs). They are also in the north of Houston area. They source old SB's and keep them outback. As time allows, they remove all of the salvageable parts and store them in metal buildings. It's quite an operation.
Welcome and good luck with your project.

SpeedyDV

Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I have a lower bench seat foam cushion (1981-87) that I purchased from USA1 Industries in 2019 for $200.00 + shipping. Long story why it wouldn't work for me and why I couldn't return it but I would sell it for $100.00. Problem is, the shipping would be around $75 because of the box size and I'm not really interested in going to all that trouble. If you are ever in the Houston area, you could pick it up. You may also want to contact Out Back Trucks (281) 350-9072 and ask for Paul or Andy. They have a huge stock of old original and re-manfactured items for SB trucks (same stuff as most of the catalogs). They are also in the north of Houston area. They source old SB's and keep them outback. As time allows, they remove all of the salvageable parts and store them in metal buildings. It's quite an operation.
Welcome and good luck with your project.
Thank for the info and offer. If I come down that way I will let you know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400