Rustoleum truck bed coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Anyone ever use this? I can buy a gallon at WalMart for about 60 bucks! That seems really cheap?
I want to paint the FLOOR of my 8 foot bed and have some left to play with. A quart is available for 30ish bucks, but that's not enough!?
I have a feeling that I can do no harm to the bed floor with it and if I like it, I'll have a million applications for the stuff! Needs a gallon.

There is an "application kit" meant to accompany it, but it's HIGH DOLLAR . I'm thinking extreme minimal prep, a disposable roller and paint tray. Git.R.Dun.

:grd:

Having a "professional" job done is ridiculously expensive and my desire is purely cosmetic to cover rust. That will suffice, yes? It's not as if the bed will ever see any actual "work".
60 bucks?
Why not?

I have lost some caulking around the edges, looking to fill those spots and make it prettier , that's all. The integrity of the bed floor is great. Who knows how long it rusted underneath a drop in liner, but that was one of the first things to go!

Anyone use it? Rustoleum bed coating?

If you follow my build thread, then you know I intend to use this in the cab too . Needs to be used for other purposes! Remove the air and you remove the rusting. It'll work, right?

Last edited:

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I havent used it but I have some prep suggestions. At the very least you will want to wire brush the rust and use a rust converter to stop it. You may need paint or at least primer under that coating. Personally I would go with some good Alkylid enamel paint for the ease of touch up and it's ability to fight rust.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Srsly?
An entire truck forum and NOBODY has ever used that product?
I don't believe you.

How do I delete my account?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I used it to coat a tool box and the rack before. Took two or three coats to get it done. Was not really impressed by it. Sold the the teuck few months later, so not much long term info.
It lasted for at least few months ok
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Yeah I just bit the bullet and went with Line-X. Totally worth it in my opinion. Was it around $600? Yes. BUT it will last forever, still looks like the day it was put on (3 years later) and I could not be more happy. You get what you pay for. Just my 2 cents.

You must be registered for see images attach

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I have used the spray on version for the underside of my truck and the wheel wells. I used it because it would be easy to touch up if needed. I don't think I would use it in the bed of my truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06