Reputable Instagram parts sellers? Or known scammers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Sorry if this isn't the right spot, but thought I'd ask a question (mods please move this elsewhere if you prefer). I'm not much of an instagram person but I do have an account to follow Vice Grip Garage, Motor Trend shows, etc. I almost got scammed by a guy (or at least pretty sure) who was selling a mint dash. Since I have a C10, there's lots of accounts that have found me so I've taken a look at their stuff.

One guy that seems legit is Squarebody Swapmeet. He mostly won't ship and asks prices that would be in line for what I'd expect. Others I've found have good parts but their prices are too low, or they won't put the price in the post. Anyone have any success (or failures) from buying from these accounts? Ebay is pretty hit or miss, local Craigslist is rare to have anything, and most everything on Facebook Marketplace is either in rough shape or too far to drive. Thanks in advance if you have any other sources for looking for used stuff (outside this forum of course).

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
I think most of these are legit, but use some degree of caution. If they refuse to talk on the phone (This is so they don't reveal their thick Indian accent.) or text in broken English, its almost always a scammer. If they specifically ask to be paid in crypto currency, I can almost guarantee you it's a scammer. No sane person is using bitcoin directly to buy or sell square body parts.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I know of at least two guys down in the portland area that are used squarebody parts guys. One is Chadtheman(on facebook) in Battleground and the other is Jon Addington aka Mr. A's chevy parts in Vancouver, Wa. Theres also a guy that buys and sells a bunch of whole squares and also some parts down in eugene. All of them are members of the PNW K5 & Squarebodies facebook group.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I thought Mr A was up north in Arlington? ICBW. Good guy though. I’ve only bought some seals from him. I think last year he was looking to sell his whole line of parts trucks but see he’s still on FB.
@ChuckN
I’ll send you a number of squarebody parts guy in Tacoma too. Last I visited him he was also wanting to liquidate but who knows. He had a lot of stuff.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I thought Mr A was up north in Arlington? ICBW. Good guy though. I’ve only bought some seals from him. I think last year he was looking to sell his whole line of parts trucks but see he’s still on FB.
@ChuckN
I’ll send you a number of squarebody parts guy in Tacoma too. Last I visited him he was also wanting to liquidate but who knows. He had a lot of stuff.

Thanks man!

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
@ChuckN
Oh yeah, that's right! He does have some good seals still.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevbak88