Red Cross Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

towin'gmc

Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Hey I have been stumped and wishing I could be the one to figure this out. Our Red Cross has a K10 Suburban for emergency response and the barn doors are locked. Some yeahoo broke in way back before my time and the door lock is punched and gone with the doors shut. I can't see any way to get them open or I am too dumb to see it. Can't get the interior trim off with doors shut. Let me know if you can tell me what to do. It's quite the act to get stuff out of there in a hurry.

uncle

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban
Engine Size
I got my suburban in the same condition. The door lock(tumbler) had an arm that fit into a square hole in the actual lock. The cam action raised and lowered this plate that the push button engages.
So get a small light and a screwdriver, locate the square hole in the lock plate and slide it up. Now the door button will open the door.

Brian

towin'gmc

Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Thanks for the note uncle///but the latch button is also gone! Will that method work and then also some action from the hole where the button was? Chad.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Mine just has a little square metal paddle in that key hole, you can stick your finger in there and push it and it should pop the door open.

uncle

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban
Engine Size
go in through the thumb hole at about a 20 degree down angle and push the paddle in and the door will pop open.

Brian

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
As a fellow Red Cross volunteer, there is nothing having all of your equipment in proper working order!

towin'gmc

Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Thanks for your answers my friends! I have been out of town since last Fri. I will get over there to the Red Cross storage and look in there and I need to get the parts to put in service. Chad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68