Rear leaf suspension 73C10 Stepside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I AM CORNHOLIO

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi Everyone,

Before I owned my truck, someone lowered (and I use that term loosely) it. Springs were cut in the front and leaves removed in the back.

I live in Australia and short of going to a suspension shop and having them make some new ones, can I grab a couple leaves of say a wrecked vehicle etc?

Appreciate the help

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Total spring length is either 52” or 56”, and you can move (usually need to drill out rivets) the rear hangars to use either length. Some folks switch from 52” to 56” because it may ride smoother. You also need to verify the spring eye diameter, but fitment issues can usually be fixed by using different bushings.

Spring packs are rated for different load ratings, based on the GVW of the truck. Swapping springs between trucks is common, and just about any squarebody spring pack should fit if it is the right length. However, the load rating might be different, and that would affect the ride and load capacity.

For example, my 3/4 ton camper special has 52” springs with a high load rating. Switching to lighter rated springs from a stock 1/2 ton would be simple, but I would lose a lot of load capacity.

Rustisbest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yes. As long as the leaf width and arch is similar youre good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli