Rear Cross Sill help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

connorsquarebody

Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Hello, I’ve been searching the internet for DAYS trying to find bed cross sills + the rear main for my 1980 Fleetside Longbed. All I can find are for stepside beds or 1972 and below. Are other years/bed configurations the same size and I can use something from a different truck to complete this? Can’t move forward on project until this gets done and I’ve had no luck, what I’ve found is sold out. Thank you so much for any help.

BadHabit

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne SWB
Engine Size
350 V8
Was looking thru AMD's catalog and noticed they offer the rear cross sill;

Near as I can tell, all other cross sills are not available thru them...only offered as an integral part of their complete steel floor assembly;

Perhaps the older-year cross sills are offered because you could get a wooden bed long-bed fleetside back in the day?

BadHabit

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne SWB
Engine Size
350 V8
If all else fails, try googling "hat channel". Its an industrial building product.
Might get lucky if what you need is a standard hat channel dimension.
16ga. mild steel would probably work nicely.

Hat channel + square tube stack a possibility too.

etc86

Reaction score
First Name
eden
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
was a 292 now 4l isuzu diesel
@BadHabit the cross sills from LMC etc are 14g I’m pretty sure. You don’t happen to have a measurement for the height between chassis and bed floor by any chance do you? I’m looking at the exact same problem but I live in Australia so freight isn’t worthwhile over just making something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad