Rear AC motor and I also need a duct.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
1991 v1500 burb...

How do I get to the clamp bolt that holds the rear ac motor in. My motor has moved 1/4 in to the right and is hitting the squirrel cage housing. I can put my finger on the bolt head (really a sheet metal screw). Its looking more like I need to drop the whole assembly?

Also does anyone have the duct that runs from the AC distribution block behind the glove box to the far left hand ac outlet. The one that runs under the steering wheel? The tube should have an ovalish shape to one end and round on the vent end PM me or post up if you do and let me know how much you want.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I think 89S pretty much has a complete Suburban stored in boxes somewhere. I'm sure he'll jump in when he sees the thread.

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Thanks for the link. Ill wait a bit longer to see if a member has one. I like to purchase from them first if I can. I await the mystical 89S...

Evans Ward

Reaction score
First Name
Evans
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Can anyone explain the routing and positioning of the long duct tube that runs from HVAC box to the far left vent on driver's side? Does the dash pad need to come off to install it? Thanks.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I have one as well. Dash pad does not need to come out. It can be put in place by only removing metal access plate below the steering wheel

Evans Ward

Reaction score
First Name
Evans
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
My truck was missing this long duct so I purchased one from LMC. I just got the AC serviced and sealed the ducts today with foam tape. This long duct to left vent is the last piece to get the ducting installed correctly. I'll give it another look tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69