Question for the NV4500 swaper's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sticman

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
1980 /1987
Truck Model
K10 / V10
Engine Size
350 5.7L TPI
The inter webs lead me all over the place on my clearance question.

Can a clean install be had (minimal hacking of the cab floor, ie. just enough for the shifter) with no body lift and a 4500 in a K10?

I have an 86 p/u cab with the non removable 4x4 hump. My 4500 is one of the early GM 4x4 versions 1992 to 1994 where the transmission top cover shifter stalk / attachment /cover for the shifter is not the common square style, mine is the round style. I think this style cover makes the transmission a little taller then the newer style.

tranzman

Reaction score
First Name
ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
CUMMINS 4BTA
The inter webs lead me all over the place on my clearance question.

Can a clean install be had (minimal hacking of the cab floor, ie. just enough for the shifter) with no body lift and a 4500 in a K10?

I have an 86 p/u cab with the non removable 4x4 hump. My 4500 is one of the early GM 4x4 versions 1992 to 1994 where the transmission top cover shifter stalk / attachment /cover for the shifter is not the common square style, mine is the round style. I think this style cover makes the transmission a little taller then the newer style.

I did the 5 speed swap on mine from a 4 speed SM465 ,not much cutting at all ,I just made a simple sheet metal cover for the original hole & used silicone and pop rivets to hold it down ,after the swap I found some decent junk yard carpet to cover it all up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus