Q? Vacuum lines for A/C-Heater...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside81

Reaction score
First Name
Dominick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
5L
Dougnsalem,
THANKS!! so very much for finding that part.

Sometimes your brain gets so involved and focused that you can't see the obvious. "Can't See the Forest for the Trees" sort of thing. We've probably all done that at least once, HA!

Again, THANKS! Nick.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
My truck is located in Alexandria, VA, so I'm probably about 2- 2 1/2 hours from you, but I'm not sure that helps much if you wanted to look at how mine is set up.

My vacuum canister is under the hood, mounted on top of the A/C plenum. If you look at the attached picture you can see the canister and the small vacuum line that goes from the canister to a grommet in the firewall, and then to the A/C controls. There is also a vacuum line from the intake over to the bottom of the canister.

I have been "into my system" and made quite a few changes. I have a parallel flow aluminum condenser, and a Sanden compressor mounted with Vintage Air brackets. I had custom hoses made to replace the old ones, since most of the hose connectors were different. I'm also running a Ford blue orifice (instead of GM white), and its charged with R134a at about 40, using PAG oil (I think the original R12 called for about 50 oz).

Bruce

You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside81

Reaction score
First Name
Dominick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
5L
Bruce, Thanks very much for the explanation and picture. Just from what you wrote your tech abilities are light years ahead of mine. I got a hose connector for the heater hoses so got the 'ol gal up and running, trying to catch up on a backlog of jobs. Got taxes to deal with etc so the reinstall of the heater box is on the back burner for the time being. Also decided that since I have half the dash removed it would be a good time to replace speedo cable, radio and whatever else I can do while it's apart. My goal is to restore this truck to as close to factory original as I can. Again, THANKS for taking the time and effort to reply. Nick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88SQDRW