Put Some Used Aftermarket Aluminum Wheels On My K20 - Help ID'ing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbhover

Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I picked up my 76 square body k20 about a month ago now, that I'm just going to be using for hauling stuff now and then and slowly fixing it up. It had a set of 34" narrow Interco super swampers on it that were very cracked up and on 16.5" spray painted steelies so I've been watching craigslist for a set of cheap 16" wheels and tires to throw on it to get me by for a while.

I came across a set of 17"x8" aluminum wheels with 265-70-r17's on them, two brand new, two with about 40% tread for just $100 so I jump on the deal. The guy had them on an 06 duramax he was building and didn't need them anymore, they were pretty dirty and a couple had some overspray on them, but I figured I couldn't go wrong for $100.

You must be registered for see images attach

I did a lot of cleaning and scrubbing on them and they turned out to look pretty good, there are some scratches and pits in the chrome here and there, but they look darn good for a hundred bucks.

I'd like to get some center caps for them, but I have no clue what brand they are. I cleaned up the inside and found all the markings for ratings and size, and found 1 or 2 sets of numbers that might be indentifying marks? See the picture below. I've been able to find another 5 lug set like these for sale online, and someone dug up that they might be RS LUX brand, but I'm not sure about that? Anyone have any clue what brand/model they might be or what center caps might fit them?

Here is a before pic of the truck with the painted steelies and 34" swampers, they were too big and would hit the front finder if you hit a large bump while turning.

An after pic with the "new" wheels and tires

And a picture of it outside in my drive

Then today I sold the old tires and rims for $60 so really I only have $40 in the new ones :) I guess I should have asked more for the old ones though, I almost had people fighting over them for $60

If anyone could help with pointing me in the right directing for center caps it would be much appreciated.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Old tires looked better as they filled the fenders better. New ones I don't like so much but that is simply because I think our trucks look best with a 15/16 rim. A 17" rim just doesn't give enough meat to the tires unless you put huge rubber on then you have to crazy things to your truck.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You basically gave away the old wheels, not surprised there was fighting over them. The new wheels look like they were a really good deal too.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Old tires looked better as they filled the fenders better. New ones I don't like so much but that is simply because I think our trucks look best with a 15/16 rim. A 17" rim just doesn't give enough meat to the tires unless you put huge rubber on then you have to crazy things to your truck.

17's are not large, just barely larger than the 16.5's that were on it.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
What are you doing with them cracked 16.5s I need some badland tires

87scotty