pressure gauge wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
D.
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Swapped a carbed engine into a 90 Blazer that was tbi originally. Engine is running fantastic but no oil pressure gauge. The wiring was cut to hell when the original owner pulled half of the engine apart then quit. My question is what color is the wire that would have gone to the pressure gauge. I am assuming it is the small brown wire with the weird connector. :shrug:

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Not sure if it'd be the same for you, but i have a tube that oil goes in going to my oil pressure gauge. Theres something else there too i think, pretty sure its not a brown wire though(But i could be wrong)

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
The sensing leg from the gauge to the oil pressure sender is described as "tan" in the GM schematics. But it could be any color of brown after 24 years.

The connector is a tight fitting rubber boot and the lead is off center - to line up with the tab on the sender.

A couple of pathetic images:

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
D.
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Thanks Chegny. That sensor looks like the one that was on what was left of the engine. I will try the brownish wire. Will eventually install a mechanical gauge. Probably should sell the damn thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scawdrey