Powered sub location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So, may get to finishing off the stereo in the square here real soon.
Got the boy an amp and a slim powered sub for Xmas. (But well time and now motivation have been lacking…)
Plan was/is to put the sun under the seat. Easy to build some standoffs and easy to secure and seems like a good spot, to fire the sun into the bottom of the seat.
However that’s a bunch more work and could easily mount it behind the seat, next to the full range amp, on the same rack and not drill any new holes in the back of the cab. (I didn’t weld up the holes from the old amp and gun rack because I wasn’t painting the inside of the cab).
BUT here’s the questions.
Aside from my OCD wanting to keep it clean back there and put the sun where I want, how bad do y’all think it might rattle or tincan? I really don’t want to line the back of the cab with sound deadening even though I have enough leftover to do it because I’m not spending $100 on a cardboard toolbox to hide it and it’s just counter productive to cleanly and effectively cover the boom mat stuff with carpet (that wouldn’t match either).
Other lazy option, just place the sub under the seat, loose, on carpet with padding under it, not worried about it sliding out but I can’t think of why it would be ok to leave it loose and able to vibrate around.
Comments or suggestions welcome.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have a 10" in a store bought box that I had to cut 3/4" off of the depth to fit.
It just sits on the rear shelf, and doesn't rattle a bit.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I kinda went down the rabbit hole on mine lol. However, letting it float on the floor under the seat wasn't a problem. If you got carpet or a mat it don't make a sound. Bonus is decent airflow for cooling if its not overkill. I made a panel and attached everything to it. I didn't want a zillion holes in the back cab. Don't pay no mind to that one hole in the center. lol

Attachments

• Sub.PNG
    Sub.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 95

SirSmartyPants

Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I kinda went down the rabbit hole on mine lol. However, letting it float on the floor under the seat wasn't a problem. If you got carpet or a mat it don't make a sound. Bonus is decent airflow for cooling if its not overkill. I made a panel and attached everything to it. I didn't want a zillion holes in the back cab. Don't pay no mind to that one hole in the center. lol
Dude, that is a sweet-looking setup! What is the rigid material you used to make the left and right panels, to which you mounted the amps?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad