Power Window wiring questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BattleMagoo

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I recently purchased some doors from a 75 K10 (for a number of reasons), and I'm having a hell of a time disconnecting the wiring connectors for the powered windows and locks under the dash. For reference, my truck is an '86 Silverado C10. One of the connectors had a simple latch to depress to disconnect, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how the other connection works.
You must be registered for see images

Here's a picture of the offending connection.

I've jiggled the hell out of either end to try and get it loose to no avail. I'm temped to cut the damn thing off and use electrical tape on the end of the wires. If anyone knows how to get this thing loose, I would appreciate it.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I recently purchased some doors from a 75 K10 (for a number of reasons), and I'm having a hell of a time disconnecting the wiring connectors for the powered windows and locks under the dash. For reference, my truck is an '86 Silverado C10. One of the connectors had a simple latch to depress to disconnect, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how the other connection works.
You must be registered for see images

Here's a picture of the offending connection.

I've jiggled the hell out of either end to try and get it loose to no avail. I'm temped to cut the damn thing off and use electrical tape on the end of the wires. If anyone knows how to get this thing loose, I would appreciate it.
Welcome to the site. Hopefully the following pics shed some light.......
You must be registered for see images attach

BattleMagoo

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thank you so much!!! I think I blew a fuse earlier shorting something out because my radio doesn't turn on now, but I'll sort that out later. I really appreciate it.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Thank you so much!!! I think I blew a fuse earlier shorting something out because my radio doesn't turn on now, but I'll sort that out later. I really appreciate it.
No problem that is the truck side of the harness.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
are you attempting to put 1986 window/lock hardware in your 1975 doors? 1977 was the first year for power windows/locks. The wiring is different for 1977-80 trucks and you cannot use 1981-up door or underdash harness sections with factory 77-80 power doors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoss1